Thread: Master of Orion: Conquer the Stars

Master of Orion: Conquer the Stars

Master of Orion returns with a great mixture of classic MoO space themes with modern sim strategy elements.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/298050/

There is so much about this game that I like, the more that I play it. As someone who really loved Master of Orion 2, this game is the near-perfect modern day remake.

So much of the core of what I loved about Moo2 remains, and yet the whole game feels very much like other modern space RTS games, which is good. Games like Stellaris are excellent in their own right, and much of what is great about them is also found in the latest MoO:CtS.

Like the old Moo, battles can be auto-resolved or played out by hand, these battles happen in real time (but you can pause). But one really cool feature is the ability to watch the battle unfold in Cinematic mode. You can even toggle if AI should control the battle or not. Above is a simple example I recorded last night. Excited to try this out with larger fleet battles. 1080P!! 60FPS!! WOW!! SO SMOOTH! MUCH GRAPHICS!!

Last edited by AngryRob; 08-31-2016 at 02:43 PM.

I watched burkeblack play this for a bit. Looked great, but my only issue was the news broadcasts. I wasn't a big MOO player, maybe the news broadcasts is a common thing with the franchise?
    Living for today is difficult when the robots think of how it used to be yesterday. When the robots think of yesterday the robots begin thinking about the future and then the robots find themselves thinking about today which leads the robots right back to yesterday killing the human race again. circa: 2001 21:14:16 - 12:34:31 2015.

you can disable them in options, they are kinda just silly interruptions. They were more significant in the older game, space monsters were less frequent but more of a threat. other random events seemed more frequent. but i could be wrong, i'm only like halfway thru my first game, it might just be my pace is so slow.

updated first post with new improved space battle video! this was my first battle against another race this game. Crushed 'em.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq_4g76hESk

a new video. large invasion fleet. these are fun.

New video! because these are fun.

compilation link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yph0...bPeDDMXEykkc9o

which video has the best music?

1) Conquer the Stars
    2) Epic Space Battle Invasion
    3) Klackon Vs Meklar
    4) Space Eel

the final masterpiece. I put the first 3 videos together in one video, each battle escalating in size.

Can't wait to try this out, but I'm engrossed in Mechwarrior Online at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by peonmyhall View Post
    In one of the infinite dimensions there is an earth where superhumans read comics about people getting cancerous growths from radiation.

i've got master of orion 2 on steam i run it every now and then. i thought about streaming that on twitch too but kids n stuff i dunno lol.

i havn't done any serious gaming in more than a month now. longest break i've taken... since like 6th grade. lol

I need to get in on this.
    fluidr "Science is interesting. If you don't agree you can fuck off." -Former Editor of New Scientist