Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Election

resident evil giant robot SkyWarp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grox View Post
    You know what I worry about? That these individuals are truly unknown. They're not going to be hand-picked --- by anyone; and there'll be no hint or promise of the slightest reward for doing the right thing. They WILL, however, have substantial temptation to just say "fuck it and forget it". We have no ideas when or where these tests of courage will happen, or even whether we're winning or losing.
    Evidence and facts have a completely different meaning and interpretation among partisans today but I believe American values are not really at risk. The whole idea of setting up a democratic government is to avoid serving a sovereign that is making bad decisions. It's a cornerstone of ancient philosophy that the media squall of distractions somehow drowns in a sea of outrage.

As long as people can own personal records and effects and have that evidence witnessed by a court of peers rather than seized, hidden and/or erased without their consent then the power of government is being moderated. People are watching the government and waiting to see the promised results. Despite a supposed ban of certain dangerous foreigners the government will continue to allow citizens of Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Pakistan to enter the US. I am, frankly, surprised even if I disagree with the fundamental merits and alleged benefits of such a temporary ban.

I think this is worth talking about, Grox. Travel bans will hit us in the pocket book eventually and I do not believe they make anyone more secure, but is it a coincidence that a mosque in Texas catches fire the same day? Donald Trump is not going to write the narrative for the local, state and public response. His travel ban will serve to draw quick comparisons between foreign observers about how those other governments responds to similar events, I think. If the travel ban ends in 120 days and things improve around the world from there, I don't care who is president.

I am uncomfortable with the temporary travel ban even though it has been done before in the past. This is just too slippery slope to go down. It certainly appears to me that Bannon is running the show and I have a complete sense of dread that something bad is coming.

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, but after years and years of bitching and railing against Obamacare, there is no single cohesive plan to replace it by the GOP. What the fuck have they been doing? It's a disgrace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Composite
    I'm not your personal researcher, butt munch. Read the thread and figure it out for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    I am uncomfortable with the temporary travel ban even though it has been done before in the past. This is just too slippery slope to go down. It certainly appears to me that Bannon is running the show and I have a complete sense of dread that something bad is coming.

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, but after years and years of bitching and railing against Obamacare, there is no single cohesive plan to replace it by the GOP. What the fuck have they been doing? It's a disgrace.

it would seem you aren't alone: https://twitter.com/Trump_Regrets

Nk test fire missile. A first for trump era. - http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/11/asia/n...ile/index.html
    Living for today is difficult when the robots think of how it used to be yesterday. When the robots think of yesterday the robots begin thinking about the future and then the robots find themselves thinking about today which leads the robots right back to yesterday killing the human race again. circa: 2001 21:14:16 - 12:34:31 2015.

Living for today is difficult when the robots think of how it used to be yesterday. When the robots think of yesterday the robots begin thinking about the future and then the robots find themselves thinking about today which leads the robots right back to yesterday killing the human race again. circa: 2001 21:14:16 - 12:34:31 2015.

sigh.....
    fluidr "Science is interesting. If you don't agree you can fuck off." -Former Editor of New Scientist

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12